European Regional Office
EuRO has made humongous strides this year in policy, professional development, and professional relations:
- First statement published by an IPSF Regional Office, on the ocassion of the 10th European Patients’ Rights Day on May 4th, 2016.
- First Trainers Development Camp since EuRO’s establishment held in July 2016, in Prague, Czech Republic, organized by CzPSA Czech Republic, providing IPSF with a new generation of TDC Graduates to once day become Federation’s trainers.
- Following the 3rd EuRO Regional Assembly in Harare, Zimbabwe, during the 62nd IPSF World Congress, the position of a Secretary was opened within the EuRO Regional Working Group, improving the organisation and management of regional official documentation.
- Between the 17th and the 20th of November 2016, EuRO represented IPSF at the IFISO Autumn Meeting in Lisbon, organised by AEFFUL Portugal. This was the first time IPSF was present at an IFISO meeting since 2014, reviving our involvement with various International Student Organisations.
- Such global interaction with knowledgeable individuals, each of them in a specific field with clear opinions on discussed topics, will certainly contribute to IPSF’s growth.
- Between the 12th and the 15th of December 2016, EuRO represented IPSF at the Universal Health Coverage 2030 Meeting and the following High-Level Ministerial Meeting on Health Employment and Economic Growth in Geneva, Switzerland. The meetings were focused on collaborative work in reaching the Universal Health Coverage 2030 agenda and on launching a five-year action plan to transform the workforce, respectively. As Students Today – Pharmacists Tomorrow, IPSF has an important role to play in advocating for these improvements to the best of its ability.
- In 2016, as well as through 2017, EuRO has and will, together with its members, investigate the possibility of a EuRO Annual Meeting, as mandated by the members at the Regional Assembly in Hyderabad, India, 2015, following a motion by the Regional Working Group at the time.
Check out more on IPSF’s 2016 in Review!